Sunday, April 18, 2021

Chauvin Trial



I don’t claim to have followed the testimony in the Derek Chauvin trial word for word ... but I do have an opinion on the matter.


Yes, it seems to me quite likely that George Floyd died of a combination of poor health and an overdose of drugs. Therefore, to me, police officer Chauvin did not kill him with his knee.


That being said, I do believe ... watching the video ... that Chauvin is guilty of a reckless disregard of George Floyd’s life ... when, after it was clear that Floyd had stopped breathing, he took no action for several minutes to try to resuscitate him ... and get emergency responders to help in this process. For this he should be punished to the full extent.


Whether my judgement is covered under any of the formal charges levied against Chauvin, I can’t say. And, if it isn’t ... and Chauvin either is found not guilty ... or it results in a hung jury ... I blame the overly aggressive prosecution in this matter ... including the Attorney General of Minnesota, Keith Ellison. This will be the real miscarriage of justice.


STAND UP FOR BLIND JUSTICE! 


No comments: