Monday, September 12, 2016

NFL


The National Football League (NFL) got none of my TV eyeball-time on Sunday ... nor is it likely to coax me back anytime soon. This is because this Congress-created monopoly has done nothing to nip in the bud the grotesque Black Lives Matter protests during the playing of our national anthem and our honored remembrances of 9/11. Four Miami Dolphin players "took a knee"  on Sunday and one Kansas City Chief raised his fist during our Francis Scott Key musical paean. (Their names are unimportant.) Yes I know these babinzos have every right to protest against their real and imagined slights by our nation ... independent of the millions of dollars they get annually to run around a grassy field. But I also have the same right to call them uneducated boobs and refuse to frequent their advertisers or appreciate the fans who grease their palms.

The NFL is one of the "circus" parts of the strategy that governments use to keep their people pacified, viz, "bread and circus." But I am growing out of such pampering. I've got other things I can do with my Sundays. And I have other reasons ... because of his looking the other way during Colin Kaepernick's protests, his shoddy treatment of the Patriot's Tom Brady, his disallowing the Dallas Cowboys to wear memorial insignias for their slain Dallas policemen, his denial of a player to memorialize 9/11 on his football cleats (see: Breitbart Story) and his generally poor administrative talents ... NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is not loved by many thinking former football fans ... including myself.

So I will wage my puny little protest and eschew this "circus" entertainment that I have in the past so much enjoyed ... until such time as Goodell is gone and the NFL wises up. Until then NFL, for me, stands for nudnicks, flakes and losers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Knudnicks spelled with a "K"

George W. Potts said...

I don't think so ... but, if it is, I will now boycott the KFL

DEN said...

This is a deplorable over-reaction to a few dipshits who refuse to stand during the Anthem because *they* are over-reacting to extreme incidences of alleged police brutality. If you let it spoil the game, then the dipshits have won. Your little boycott will pass un-noticed by everyone but you...wait, who will bring the buffalo wings to the Super Bowl Party?

George W. Potts said...

Colin Kaepernick ...

DEN said...

I must be slipping. Last night (Monday) I was about to watch the 2nd ESPN NFL doubleheader game. They played the Anthem and that nitwit Kraperneck went down on a knee with another player. I Switched off the TV right after the music stopped. I wonder how many other viewers felt the same way...