Friday, August 04, 2017

Lordy


Jumpin' Jehosaphat  ... our folksy former FBI Director, James Comey, has recently signed a book deal for purportedly north of $2 million. Lordy (a word he used while testifying), that's a lot of money for just some words on paper ... see: AP Story. This payoff certainly eases the pain of his firing by President Trump. Comey is a controversial figure ... posing as a gee wiz character while clearly performing cold-blooded actions designed to topple the president, his boss's boss. He illegally leaked his recollections of his conversations with Trump in order to get a special counsel named ... for which he succeeded ... when his good buddy, Robert Mueller was tapped for the job. To me, this was a too convenient a series of events ... all likely orchestrated by the Deep State in order to protect its franchise.

So this fearless tag team is now executing a slow-motion coup for which, no matter what the outcome, will garner them at least a half a page in future history books ... kinda like the icing on a $2 million cupcake. I am curious as to how this man's actions and character will be treated by historians. Unfortunately, I doubt if I will be around to find out. But I am enough of a romantic to believe he will eventually be characterized for all his slippery chicanery ... for an example of this oiliness see: Comey, I Shrunk the Fibs.

Comey's book is scheduled to be released next Spring. Will this publication be coordinated with Mueller's grand jury indictment bombshells? I wouldn't bet against it. Also, another important question ... will its juicy passages be leaked first to the Washington Post or the New York Times? Maybe both?

My suggestion for a title would either be "Lordy" or "My Loyalty" ...

No comments: