The Wuhan-Fauci pandemic, social media and the Trump backlash have redefined what is now acceptable behavior not just in the U.S., but mostly everywhere. What was once up is now down and what was once red is now green.
Here are a few of the topsy-turvies:
- It is OK to burn down big businesses because they have insurance.
- Government is not allowed … it allows.
- Politicians are expected to get insanely rich by using their elected office as leverage.
- Elections are won not by the popular will but by who is more clever at rigging the vote count.
- Gender is not a biological absolute but a state of mind.
- Laws are an inconvenience to authorities’ imposing their will.
- Historical transgressions must all be remedied in the present.
- Science must be obeyed … it is never wrong.
- Borders are to be ignored.
- Children are being used as sex objects.
- Carbon is evil and must disappear.
- Imperfect or inconvenient babies can be discarded.
- Virtual reality is preferable.
- It is illegal to try to protect oneself, one’s family or one’s property with a firearm.
- Skin color is determanitive of character.
- Profit is more important than patriotism.
- Terrorism justifies terrorism.
- Insulting someone electronically is not impolite.
I don’t know about you Pilgrim, but I kinda liked the old norms better.
STAND UP FOR THE OLD NORMS!