Saturday, June 10, 2017

Trump's Lies


Former FBI Director James Comey has unhesitatingly called President Trump a liar. This is not such a shocking  accusation since America's media has been forwarding this image of Trump for many months. Is he a liar? Well, he is a politician and anyone who is breathing knows that politicians often color the facts in their favor, Clearly, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama took this political penchant to extreme levels. But this is still no excuse ... so I Googled "Trump's lies" and found the following list of lies that Trump has supposedly told. Politifact, like most such sites is blatantly liberal and is run by the Tampa Bay Times ... which is what I wanted, since it should have most all of the whoppers Trump has supposedly told. See: Politifact List.

Take some time and peruse this list. I found them pretty thin gruel. Yes, there is Trump puffery. There is some fuzzy interpretation of older facts. There is also Trump's ego on display. There might even have been forgetfulness. I also found many statements I believe to be at least half true (half lies if you are a lib). But I didn't find anything that I believe to be malicious mendacity that was meant to benefit Trump to the detriment of America ... like I have often seen Democrats proffering. For example, Comey testified that the senior Congressional leadership (the "Gang of Eight") has known for months that Trump was not suspected of colluding with the Russians. Yet, over this same period, the Democrat Minority Leader in the Senate, Chuck Schumer, has repeatedly said the exact opposite. Now this is a clear example of an ultra-partisan bald-faced lie. Find one of this seriousness, if you can, in the above Politifact list.

Afterward: Did I mention all the former administration's e-mail server, Iran nuclear deal, IRS, Fast and Furious,  Obamacare and Behghazi lies?

After afterward: If the FBI didn't know for sure whether Trump was taping his conversations with Comey, then this agency has gone down a notch in my estimation.

2 comments:

ChillFin said...

I have stopped watching and stopped listening to DJT. Wake me when it is over.

George W. Potts said...

Is it that you couldn't find the whopper in this list that you are once again attacking the messager?