Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Robocars



Our technology oracles have assured us that automous autos (robocars) are a coming phenomona and very soon steering wheels and break pedals will disappear as software will more safely guide our cars, trucks and busses along all our roads, streets and byways.

Now some thoughts ... I have had cruise control on my car since 2006 and I have used it probably three times ... and never in the last eight years. Also Donald Trump says one of the things he regrets most about being president is that he no longer can drive a car.

What do these two facts suggest about the actual future of robocars?

3 comments:

ChillFin said...

From that very small polling sample, robocars will not be marketed to Trump supporters over 70 years old.

George W. Potts said...

I was under 70 and not a Trump supporter when I stopped using Cruise Control ...

ChillFin said...

Oh, OK. You'll be Donald's driver and you will not use cruise control.