Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Criminal Me


The Democrat Attorney General of the U.S.Virgin Islands is preparing a civil prosecution against 90 global-warming denier organizations charging them under racketeering statutes for propagandizing against a looming climate crisis ... see: Free Beacon Story. Whereas the real hokum is that "97% of scientists" believe that the "world has a fever" as a result of a minute incremental bit of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. And the Attorneys General of other liberal states are also fixing to follow suit in this cabal against those organizations who can be castigated as "deniers."

This sad episode reminds me very much of the bone-headed move of Pope Urban VIII in 1615 when he effectively imprisoned Galileo Galilei for his heliocentric pronouncements about our universe. This scientific genius, Galileo languished for years under house arrest for his truth telling ... until he finally died disgraced and obscured.The fact that any modern government steps in to endorse or punishes controversial scientific theories is, to me, so ignorant and Medieval as to frighten me for our future.

Let me proudly say that I have been a global warming denier for well over eight years (see: Chicken Little) who has received no support from any carbon-merchandising company or organization. I therefore offer myself up for prosecution by one or more of these antithetical Attorneys General for my heresy. And I thank the stars that the current pope, Pope Francis, no longer has the purchase to start an inquisition ... but he does have some United States secular lawyers doing his silly bidding.

No comments: