Friday, September 18, 2015

Media Head Fakes


The liberal media has forever been trying to mold public opinion with fake and/or partially-true news stories. Witness the picture and narrative of the drowned little Syrian boy that galvanized sympathy for the recent plight of the "refugees" storming Europe. Well as it turns out this boy's father was the paid coyote transporting a boatload of immigrants traveling to Greece. His boat overturned and the boy's mother and sister also perished, but somehow the father survived ... see: New York Post Story. Has this sympathetic narrative been walked back in most of the major news outlets?

Another half-true story meant to drive an agenda is the story about the Muslim boy who brought a "clock" to school in Texas that looked a lot like a home-made bomb. He was arrested but later released ... still to became a cause célèbre for being persecuted as a Muslim for his "scientific" accomplishment. He has even been invited to the White House and Mark Zukerberg of Facebook wants to meet with him. What is the real story? It turns out this kid is the son of a Muslim activist who has agitated many times in the past about the persecution of those of his faith. And they boy himself would never explain why he brought this suspicious device to school ... see: Breitbart News Story. This again sounds very much like a set-up story that fits the liberal (and our president's) agenda so the salient details were broomed under the rug by most media outlets.

It's to the point where I seldom believe anything that I see in the news anymore ... particularly if it seems to support the agenda of the left. Yes, the right might be engaging in such shenanigans ... but I haven't discovered as many egregious examples. Feel free to supply some.

11 comments:

ChillFin said...

What is the opposite of the MSM? Fox-Drudge-WeeklyStandard-Coulter-Limbaugh-Beck-Matlin-Powerline-Breitbart ???

George W. Potts said...

Still 73% of Americans use the alphabet TV networks to get their news ... see: http://www.americanpressinstitute.org/publications/reports/survey-research/how-americans-get-news/

ChillFin said...

Not my point. You said "Yes, the right might be engaging in such shenanigans ... but I haven't discovered as many egregious examples." Well, I am not going to find those stories in the MSM. So where should I look?

ChillFin said...

You twisted that a bit. The report indicates that 73% cite the three national network broadcast news operations but that it was multiple choice. The top five choices were all selected by over 50% of respondents. Hence: "Still 73% of Americans use the alphabet TV networks to get one POV of their news." You are falling into your own trap!

George W. Potts said...

Help!

George W. Potts said...

Ask Pope Francis ...

ChillFin said...

You are surprisingly evasive. You set up the challenge... I am still trying to figure out whether I need to go beyond the excerpts from the GOP debates or go all the way to the charm of RushBo who always decries dittoheads and people who don't think for themselves and think thinks through. His first comments on Sep 17 are:

You've heard what everybody thinks about the debate last night, but you don't know what to think yet because you haven't heard what I think. Right? Come on, admit it. You know that's true. Telephone number, 800-282-2882, and the e-mail address,ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

You know, I thought about teasing you. I thought about saying, "You know what, I'm gonna reserve my thoughts until I hear from you because, once I say something, there's nothing left to be said."

George W. Potts said...

A coy mixture of satire and derision wrapped in a thin veil of your own evasion. (I don't listen to Rush anymore ... but apparently you do ...)

ChillFin said...

I don't listen to Rush but i do check out how far the bubble has repositioned on the extreme right. He is still the thought leader of the GOP isn't he? Ok, I guess he might have been Trumped...

ChillFin said...

Once more, how can I troll for egregious examples on the right when you cannot tell me what the non-MSM is?

ChillFin said...

Say what? How is my restating a quote in context construed as evasion. You are attempting to be a spinmeister...