Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Genuine Debate


Last night's Republican debate in Simi Valley, California was feisty ... it was edifying ... it was humorous ... it was uplifting ... but, most of all, it was genuine (even, sometimes, Trump). But what struck me the most was how small the disassembling Hillary Clinton ... or any of the other Democrat hopefuls ... would appear when juxtaposed with any from this truth-talking line-up that appeared at the Reagan Library. No matter who the Republican nominee is, I can't imagine that our country will not overwhelming support him or her to get America back on the tracks.

Afterward: I found Jake Tapper's attempt to confuse the global warming issue by equating Reagan's stance on ozone with Obama's position on carbon oxide to be as underhanded as is typical for the manic media. Glad that Marco Rubio crushed this silliness with good logic and loquacity.

3 comments:

ChillFin said...

Please define "back on track" from your point of view. It is a loosely used term -- there are a lot of tracks to be back on. A 2007 book by Ted Kennedy is titled "back on track". I suspect your track is not that one.

George W. Potts said...

If you want my definition, go back and read my blog entries for the last 6 1/2 years. I thought Ted Kennedy's book was titled "Back on Crack?" (Take that last word either way.)

ChillFin said...

I read every one of blog entries as soon as they are posted. Always have. Don't care to back through the years, even though your entries preceding the 2008 election deserve a retrospective. I am just prodding you to summarize the positive actions that would characterize "getting back on track", "something terrific", and "making America great again."