Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Soap Opera



I know it is silly of me to write a blog calling out Hillary Clinton.  She, in the majority of Americans’s minds, can do no wrong.  (This is an enigma that continually has me baffled.)  But this woman’s performance surrounding the Benghazi affair has me tied in knots.  I don’t even think I have to recite her duplicity surrounding this matter.  I think that most Americans drawing in oxygen and expelling CO2, if they are willing to give it a few moments thought, know the game she is playing.  Yet they (you) are too wont to excuse her her transgressions whatever they may be.  The thing that causes my paroxysms is why the American public is so gullible?

She was more than willing to let Susan Wright take one fall for her … by sending her out in her stead on the talk show circuit that Sunday after the Benghazi attack.  And she has also concocted multiple excuses for her not testifying to Congress on this matter … including her busy schedule … her exhaustion dealing with these Middle East matters  … the need for her travel to Australia (to attend a wine tasting) … and her latest “concussion” excuse.  I have to believe that all her shenanigans in this matter are due to a transgression on her part so large that it might eliminate her from Presidential contention in 2016 … otherwise why would she be throwing up so much gorilla dust?

I can also conclude that another reason she is dragging things out until she is no longer Secretary of State is for obscure but vital legal reasons.  And, when she finally does appear before the House and the Senate to tell her side of things (probably well after the public has tired of this matter), her concussion will then be called on to performed double duty … in that many of the details of this matter will have been erased from her memory.  (She did play much this same trump card in the Whitewater hearings almost twenty years ago.)  This is a soap opera playing out in front of a very gullible American public … and many of those of you who are, in fact, smart enough to see through her charades will, nevertheless, admire her for her cunning … and still stand by her.

But not this commentator ... like a soap opera, I have experienced this script too many times before.

3 comments:

George W. Potts said...

"This is a soap opera playing out in front of a very gullible American public … and many of those of you who are, in fact, smart enough to see through her charades will, nevertheless, admire her for her cunning … and still stand by her."

I had you pegged.

DEN said...

I've never been a fan of Hillary. However I do find her of higher moral character than your hero Dick Cheney, who stonwalled a few hearings in his day, and got Scooter to take the fall. Take of your partisan glasses and smell the coffee.

George W. Potts said...

I'm getting old and my memory isn't so good any more (not that it ever was aces). However, I don't recall any specific instances of Chaney stonewalling anything. To me he has always been disarmingly candid. Please enlighten me as to your reference.

Scooter Libby didn't take the fall for Cheney, he misled the prosecutor on some detail of his involvement in the trumped-up Valarie Plame affair. The real admitted "leaker" was Richard Armitage, not Cheney.