Sunday, March 05, 2023

A Book’s Cover

 


My wife and I took in Trump’s CPAC speech last night … on Fox no less! Although it contained oodles of good stuff, it was difficult to watch because of his off-putting delivery style. My wife was clenching her teeth throughout … and asked several times to turn him off. I didn’t.


When I asked if she would vote for him over a litany of Democrats in 2024, she said she would … reluctantly. To a lesser degree, me too.


This is Trump’s biggest negative by far … millions of Americans are willing to judge this book by its cover … even though, in their hearts, they know he would be good for America again. He likely would keep all these CPAC policy promises … despite all the unethical and, yes, illegal efforts of his legions of small enemies.


Reminds me of something I learned in college Psych class … a classic approach-avoidance conflict.


As I have said a number of times … if we could just graft onto him Dolly Parton’s personality!


Afterward; Sometimes I draw the analogy … Trump is the foul-tasting medicine you take to get rid of some ugly parasite. 

And, if Trump were in the White House again, the war in Ukraine would be over in a New York minute.



On a different note … Donald Trump should have announced that he was running again for president in Phoenix.



STAND UP FOR COMEBACKS!


7 comments:

ChillFin said...

Now it'll just be his choice for Veep. Certainly not Pence. Maybe Marjorie Taylor Greene. Her crotch-grabbing of Trump on a poster at CPAC expresses more intense loyalty than even hugging the flag to the MAGA crowd.

George W. Potts said...

Always animus … never insightful.

ChillFin said...

You are commenting on MTG, right?

George W. Potts said...

Stop the silliness …

ChillFin said...

Seriously. Who seems to be the front runner for Veep under Trump in 2024?

George W. Potts said...

My picks … Noem, Pompeo … or even DeSantis.

DEN said...

Let's see what kind of deal he makes with the DOJ. Sorry to break it to you, but he will not be the GOP nominee. In desperation, they will nominate DeSantis, who will also lose because voters are paying attention.