Thursday, May 23, 2019

Russian Collusion


As James Holzhauer approaches the $2 million level on the Jeopardy quiz show, something seems a little strange to me. How come James seems to know almost every single obscure question ... but appears to step aside and allow the other contestants capture many of the simpler ones?

If I were to speculate on one solution to this puzzle, it would be that he may know all the answers and questions ahead of time ... and maybe even the locations of the Double Jeopardy answers. In all his appearances he has not missed a single Final Jeopardy question and only one Double Jeopardy one.

Yes, Holzhauer may have a photographic (eidetic) memory or may have deciphered to patterns of how the Jeopardy clues are put together. But somehow his background doesn’t suggest to me that he is the intellectual giant that his performance suggests. He seems more cagey to me. He is a gambler ... a high stakes gambler who has figured out how to beat the house. And, is ... big time.

I do not speculate on his performance out of jealousy ... only out of curiosity. I hope we  eventually figure out how this phenomenon came about.  And I also hope he (and the show) is legit ... and there is no Russian collusion involved.

No comments: