Sunday, August 04, 2013

20-20



I found this very interesting posting on “reddit” by a Yokocrono, “What can we reasonably expect to see by the year 2020?” and with the following predictions (mostly scientific):


He/she has supplied the appropriate links in case you want to investigate further.  My suspicions is that this sage is a "he" (HIV prediction), a Brit (spelling of "personalised"), of Japanese ethnicity or a Beatles fan (his moniker), a computer geek (all the predictions about cyber-stats), an environmentalist (Aral Sea prediction), and an admirer of Bill Gates (polio eradication prediction).

Now if I may, I would like to add the following predictions to this list (sans links):
- Replacement human organs will be manufactured on a massive scale
- Global -warming mania will have disappeared
- The world will have experienced an extended period of double-digit inflation
- China will have annexed Mongolia
- A barrel of oil will be below $50; gold below $1000 per oz.
- Because of changing oil geo-economics, Islamist terrorism will abate
- Google Inc. will be broken up
- Obamacare will not bend down the rising cost of heathcare in the U.S.
- Putin will still run the Russian Federation
- Hillary Clinton will not be President of the United States

I hope I am around in 2020 to see if I'm right.

No comments: