Saturday, June 03, 2023

Artificial Stupidity

 


I recently published a blog wherein I listed possible problems with AI technology … Possible AI Problems … one of which was order of operations. To test this, I asked Google Bard the following question:


The average price earnings ratio for General Motors for the last 3 years?


And the answer I got was:

Average P/E ratio = (5.5x  + 7.8x + 18.5x) / 3 = 8.8x


Now either this app can’t perform basic math … my answer is 10.6x …  or it is taking the average by adding the 3 numerators and then dividing by the sum of the 3 denominators … standard practice for averaging ratios. But, in this case, I would prefer the average of the ratios.



Thus, this AI app has a problem with overriding assumed order of operations.


QED


Stay tuned for more such tests.



STAND UP TO STUPIDITY!


No comments: