Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Friends and Rivals


There is a wide continuum of types of associates ... lovers, friends, rivals, trolls, enemies ... and many adjective-modified variants of the same. In this blog post, I think I will concentrate only on what I feel is the difference between rivals and friends.

You can tell if associates are rivals if, when bringing them to mind, you usually draw a contrast between them and yourself: “I have more hair” “He has poor hygiene,” “She drinks too much,” etc.

But associates are likely to be friends if your first thought is: “He is so generous,” or “I like myself when I’m around him,” or “She makes me smile,” etc.

Piece of advice: Don’t confuse the two ...

STAND UP FOR AMERICA!

2 comments:

Dr Sangfroid said...

What is it when your first thought is: "He needs an intervention"?

George W. Potts said...

Either he’s nuts ... or I am ...