Saturday, March 23, 2019

Cough Drop


Both my wife and I contracted bad chest colds last week ... one of the joys of having lots of young children around. We both went to the doctor to check things out. My visit included x-rays which resulted in a clean bill of health.

However, the next day I did receive a text from my primary physician saying that, upon review by a radiologist, my left lung did show a calcified nodule that necessitated my coming back for more x-rays. Going immediately to the Internet I found that my chances of having lung cancer was about 40%.

After a sleepless night, I went for my follow-up x-views early the next morning ... and later that PM I got another happy clean bill of health back by text from my doctor.

What? What could have happened the first time? Aha! I think I may have solved the mystery. I vaguely remembered that I had a cough drop in my tee-shirt vest pocket for that first x-rays. That was most likely the reason for this first false diagnosis ..


No comments: