Thursday, December 29, 2016

Carrie Fisher Quotes


"Being happy is not getting what you want. It's wanting what you have."

"You know how they say religion is the opiate of the masses? Well I took masses of opiates religiously."

"As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't,"

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

"Instant gratification takes too long."

"I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive."

"I feel I'm very sane about how crazy I am."

"How tragic would it be to be runner-up for Bipolar Woman of the Year?"

Afterward: I was listening to Carrie Fisher's one-woman show and this line of hers needs to be added here: "My parents were very close to Elizabeth Taylor and Muke Todd. When Mike Todd was killed in a plane crash, my father was right there by Elizabeth Taylor's side. Then he moved around to her front ... "

No comments: