Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Gravy


Yes, I voted for Donald Trump. I salivated at the prospect of the many things he had promised ... a "beautiful wall", extreme vetting of immigrants, tax reform, regulation reforms, the destruction of radical Islam, fixing the VA ... the list goes on and on. Now, once elected, Trump is vacillating on almost all his campaign promises ... even on the global warming hoax for heaven's sake! I guess these bet hedges are to be expected from such a consummate negotiator as Trump. But I am getting a sinking feeling about his sincerity on many of his pronounced goals as president ... see: Politico Story for more instances. Am I in the early stages of some form of buyer's remorse?

To be honest, in some ways, I expected that I would be hoodwinked  by this man ... as often occurs in reality shows ... but not so quickly. But, you know what? Defanging of that harpy Hellary and putting a few Constitutional conservatives on the Supreme Court will be sufficient rewards for giving my nod to Trump.

Anything else will be gravy ...

Afterward: See SNL video ... particularly Pence exchange ...

3 comments:

DEN said...

What makes you think he will choose someone worthy of the supreme court? You never know where a loose cannon will end up.

George W. Potts said...

He already put forward a list of 21 names that the right finds acceptable ... see: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-supreme-court-list I sure hope he keeps to this promise ...

DEN said...

Glad to see Sarah Palin not on the list, but would not have been surprised if she had been there.