Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Free Pass


For you attentive readers, you know that I have been boycotting watching NFL football games because of Roger Goodell's not disciplining those players either sitting or "taking a knee" during the playing of our National Anthem. We are about halfway through the season and I have yet to relent on this pledge ... as have also legions of other principled football fans ... as viewership has been seriously diminished ... see: CBS Local News Story.

Now however both Bill Belichick and Tom Brady of the New England Patriots have publicly endorsed Donald Trump for president. Consequentially, this development has given me a free pass once again to watch Patriot games ... but still none of the other NFL games. So this Sunday I will watch Brady throw a deflated football to Gronk as he humbles the Seattle Seahawks and their gaggle of kneelers. I might even have a beer and some pretzels ...

3 comments:

DEN said...

Well this is some tortured logic. Your boycott had nothing to do with who was voting for whom. To politicize your sports viewing is truly squeezing any sense of fun out of life. Lighten up!

George W. Potts said...

I thought players protesting the National Anthem was a political statement. I am just responding in kind ...

DEN said...

read my words