Friday, August 26, 2016

Correcting Autocorrect


I just went back to one of my blogs for the umpteenth time to fix some gobbledegook that Apple's maddening invention Autocorrect botched up for me ... it had replaced "you" with "you're" for some stupid reason. Now I am a bad speller so I do derive some benefit from Autocorrect, but this "feature" also makes the most bizarre substitutions when I am not looking ... so I think I loose much more than I gain. (Hint: if you notice a bad Autocorrect in time, you can negate it by hitting  the little "x" at the end of the pop-up box ... thanks, Terry.) What was so wrong with using Spellchecker after you finished your typing?

If Apple can't improve this feature, it should junk it. There is nothing as dumb as a little intelligence ... as Autocorrect and a plethora of current newsmakers demand nitrate (demonstrate).

5 comments:

DEN said...

Too bad there isn't an app to autocorrect the wacky and irresponsible fictions about Hillary's health that you dredge-up from the sump hole of the internet: Dimbart.

George W. Potts said...

Ah, but there is! You, kind reader, have taken it upon yourself to be the Snopes to this blog ... with equivalent liberal bias.

DEN said...

I'm sure you would agree: "Liberal bias" is preferable to hypocrisy, outlandish evil smears and outright lies. AKA Dimbart's liar-in-chief, Bannon.

George W. Potts said...

I kinda like Breitbart. It is a small counterbalance to all the outrage on the left. Like a pithy peashooter vs. a bunch of bazookas. You should read Milo once in a while ... he will curl your hair ...

George W. Potts said...

I just read that Dr. Drew of CNN brought up Hellary's health issues on his show. He was just fired ...