Friday, April 08, 2016

Unvetting


Remember that veterans' benefit event that Donald Trump held when he ducked out of the Republican debate in Des Moines, Iowa  (featuring Megyn Kelly) this past January? I mentioned in a blog then that I was disappointed that the money collected therein was going into Trump's personal foundation. Now the Wall Street Journal, in a good piece of follow-up journalism, has determined that, of the $6 million collected then, only $2.4 million has since been passed on to veterans' groups ... see: Breitbart News Story.

Although this could be a typical sleazy political move, I am quite disappointed that Trump, who hopefully doesn't need this money, has been so slow in passing these funds onto the veterans he so publicly praises. I will be watching and reporting on how well Trump lives up to his commitment to veterans. I clearly hope he fulfills this sacred pledge.

No comments: