Monday, June 03, 2013

Phony Boloney


Local TV and radio have been barraged of late with ads featuring Marco Rubio and other Republicans who, in selected sound bites, seem to be urging Americans to back the new immigration bill that is wending its way through Congress.  Somehow these ads and their voice-overs seemed suspiciously left-leaning to me … so I looked up the sponsor of these ads, “Americans for a Conservative Direction,” on Google.  Sure enough this group (whose tax-exempt status was probably approved by the IRS in a matter of weeks) was founded and funded by California liberals … multi-billionaire Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook fame being in the forefront (see: Before It's News Story).  The misleading naming of this group strikes me about as slimy and underhanded as one can get.  It is clearly an attempt to deceive the uninformed conservative voters into supporting this new immigration bill.  This then must mean that the bill contains lots of liberal goodies ... of which I am suspicious, see: Carrying Water in a Sieve.

In a related matter, there is also an evangelical Christian group that is also backing this same immigration bill.  One small problem … this group does not legally exist … see: Breitbart Story.  I am now even more suspicious due to the full-court press (fraudulent as it appears to be) surrounding this legislation that the left is urging on the American public.  I have a hard-and-fast rule that I never buy anything that I see advertised on television.  Now I am even more averse to this new Gang of Eight immigration proposal.  Perhaps, in response, I now should form a PAC called “Progressives for Closed Borders and Against Amnesty?”

Anyone want to join?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly I've found that many non-profits have hidden agendas, mostly political. Just look at the Clinton foundation. There existence is to meet and discuss 'big' ideas.