Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Favorite Gay Liberal


Camille Paglia

No it's not Andrew Sullivan.  It's Camille Paglia.  She has just released a new bombastic book titled, Real Housewives, wherein she claims she will vote for the Green Party candidate and calls George Lucas the greatest living artist (!?) ... see: Salon.com Article. (It's worth a scan.).  Therein she also waxes ecstatic about Monet's Iris paintings.  Now I know she generally has great artistic taste, but I will let you, kind reader, be the judge insofar as who better depicts the bliss of new Spring irises ... Monet or Van Gogh?


Monet's Irises


Van Gogh's Irises
 My wife and I  visited last year the monastery in St. Remy where Van Gogh painted what I consider to be the better of the two renditions ... see: Mille-Bornes (about half way down) for some context.

No comments: