Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Arrested Development


I've started writing this blog entry prior to tonight's Presidential debate in Boca Raton, Florida.  (I will await finishing it until after this last verbal duel.)  The theme of this post is Obama's smarmy, snarky conduct during, at least, the second debate and, all to often, when he is addressing his worshiping crowds on the campaign trail.  I am waiting until after tonight's debate because I am reasonably certain that there will be even more of these sniping snide comments from our man-child President.

There is even a Twitter account that captures Obama's snarky-isms ... see: Snarky Obama.  And many in the Main Stream Media are also picking up this meme ... see: Obama's Small Campaign.

After the debate -- I was not disappointed.  Obama was condescending, patronizing, and kindergarten-teacher like.  (I think everyone watching this debate knows what aircraft carriers and submarines are.)  And, in most of his disputes with Romney, it was the President who had his facts wrong (Romney did say in his op-ed on the auto industry that he believed that the federal government should provide loan guarantees during this industry’s managed bankruptcy).  I realize that many left-leaning talking heads, rather desperately I might say, averred that Obama won.  I disagree.  It was Romney who looked presidential and Obama who looked angry and frustrated.

Perhaps this continued puerile conduct is why Obama is more popular with young voters?

1 comment:

DEN said...

Obama clearly won the last two debates. All your ankle biting doesn't change that reality. BTW you might want to look-up the term "self-fulfilling prophecy."