Saturday, February 05, 2011

Ronnie


Ronald Reagan … let me start by ashamedly admitting that I didn’t vote for the man … either time. (“He’s just a B-movie actor.”) Can I write this off to the misguided, fuzzy-thinking liberalism of my youth? But, by watching all the tributes being paid to Ronnie running up to what would have been his 100th birthday (tomorrow), I now realize how totally wrong-headed I was. Not only do I admire this man now, but I realize that he may well have been our best President of the 20th century.

So let me here be (one of the) first to propose that his likeness be added to Mt. Rushmore … say to the left of George Washington.


And let us take all the granite chips that fall to the base of the mountain from this sculpting endeavor … and form them into Barack Obama’s scrawny backside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So maybe Obama is a great president too but you are just too wrongheaded to realize it?

George W. Potts said...

Could be. But, right or wrong, I trust my more mature instincts better. Perhaps if Obama were to stop spending our country into servitude?

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you'd put Sarah Palin's head on Mt. Rushmore at your next level of dotage. It'd fit her style: Honor me now 'cause I'll do something worthwhile eventually.

George W. Potts said...

Are you referring to Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize for what those bubbleheads in Oslo expected him to do ... someday? And Sarah Palin has a long way to go before she rivals Ronald Reagan in stature.