Friday, February 25, 2011

Comfortable Shoes


Barack Obama said in 2007 during his presidential campaign that "if American workers are being denied their right to organize [and collectively bargain], when I'm in the White House I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes and I will walk on that picket line with you as president of the United States," (See Huffington Post. Interestingly, the Huffington Post blog conveniently left out the part of the quote about denying collective-bargaining rights. They didn’t even indicate that they had done this with the “…” punctuation -- so much for the august integrity of modern-day journalism.) So, Mr. President, is Air Force One now on the tarmac getting ready to fly to Wisconsin and are you digging through your closet for your comfortable shoes? Or perhaps, you are already in campaign mode for 2012? I thought so …

Afterthought: If Obama thought this tactic would work in 2007 (and it apparently did), why would he shy away from repeating it now? Hummm ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a horse that had to hooves.

George W. Potts said...

You can't appreciate horses until you have walked a mile in their hooves. (If you want Mr. Anonymous, You can resend this comment and correct "to" to "no".)

DEN said...

I think the operative word was 'workers' -- not public employees.
George, you are so anti Obama that you criticize him even when he isn't taxing and spending.

George W. Potts said...

A distinction without a difference.