Sunday, July 23, 2023

Oppenheimer, Truman and MacArthur

 


As a result of the Oppenheimer movie, Jon Stewart has a typical empty-headed reaction to our bombing of Hiroshima. Please watch the above to not fall into Stewart’s conclusion. I learned things I didn’t know. I suspect you will too.


One more thought … Truman had the courage to drop the A-bombs in Japan, but not on the hoards of Chinese when they entered the Korean War. I think this was a huge mistake since China was still 5 years away from equivalent weaponry … and might now be more inclined toward pacificism like the Japanese.


Did the Jon Stewart types in the ensuing years after the end of the war with Japan convince Truman to hold back in Korea … and fire General MacArthur? I suspect so.



STAND UP FOR AMERICA!


No comments: