Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sliding into Second Base


I confess. Being that it is very unlikely that I am going to be appointed to the Supreme Court or even run for public office for that matter, I confess that I had groped some females when I was a teenager. I can't remember how many or the when, where or even who that they may have been, but I'm pretty sure that t tried to 'cop a deel' anytime my hormones suggested ... which was quite often.

Way back then we also called it 'getting to second base.' I won't explain what third base and a home run were ... but I 'm sure you can use your imagination. But I also remember that that there were some 'straight arrows,' mostly  Catholics, who were less randy and forward than I.

I am not baring my soul in this matter to suggest one way or another in this Kavanaugh matter. Being that there seems to be no witnesses or even a blue dress, only Christine, Brett and God know the real facts.

But, if it were me and, seeing what I have just confessed,I think I might prostrate myself in front of Diane Feinstein and beg that she not call me out. I kinda doubt she would relent however. This is hardball  politics after all.

3 comments:

DEN said...

I have no anecdotes from my 17 yr old youth. I was one of those non-aggressive Catholic boys whose visits to second base were by invitation only. I regard this surprise allegation as partisan nonsense unless there is further evidence of sexual malfeasance in his adult years.

George W. Potts said...

It appears you may just get yourr wish ...

DEN said...

I'm not wishing for Kavanaugh to be skewered. (He's clearly no Clarence Thomas, who should never have been appointed. I blame inept Joe Biden and befogged Ted Kennedy for failing to prove the case against him. Anita Hill was credible. I haven't drunk Coke from a can since that hearing.) My worry is that the next Trump nominee will be a Nazi.