Monday, January 05, 2015

Tweet, Tweet


I don’t understand Twitter … nor do I enjoy it.

First of all it encourages twits (those who tweet) to say insipid things in a moment of fervor that they often later regret. Some studied reflection (and editing) of one’s ideas is very often a better course … such as in a blog format … particularly those blogs not comprised of a series of tweets.

Second, 140 characters is hardly enough text to express any important idea … so, as a result, tweets become so cryptic as to be unreadable by anyone but the “inside baseball” crowd (for an example see: Powerline Entry).

Thirdly, hashtags give me a #headache.

And lastly, Twitter’s only appeal seems to be the amassing of a huge number of followers as an indication of one’s hipness and popularity. Please, has such vanity overtaken our lives?!

Twitter is a bird ... no wonder its stock is tanking.

2 comments:

DEN said...

This is equivalent to myself posting a blog entry about what I hate about quantum physics or string theory. (Only took me 104 characters.)

George W. Potts said...

What do you think about these subjects? (in 140 characters please ...)