Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hear No Evil



I guess it’s human nature.  When we are confronted with information that crosses our ideological grain, we cut short the speaker or stop reading the story.  I, myself, must confess that I have done this … and, I suspect, so have you.  More and more frequently these days, when the subject of one of Obama’s scandals comes up (generally not brought up by me), many of my liberal friends respond, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

What does this mean?  To me, this avoidance indicates the seriousness of these moral breaches on the part of our current administration.  This can be measured by the number of unanswered or unanswerable questions that linger like a miasma around Jay Carney and those other unfortunate Obama spokespersons. 

Just this last weekend, Dan Pfeiffer, an Obama senior political adviser, went on five Sunday talk shows (shades of Susan Rice), trying to hold back the tide of negative disclosures about the multiple scandals enveloping his boss … see: National Review Story.  He did not do a very good job … even saying at one point, “the law is irrelevant,” when ask about White House dissembling … see: Townhall Story

I’m actually somewhat surprised that Pfeiffer didn’t put his fingers in his ears … but maybe this asinine statement was the equivalent.

2 comments:

MadDogEddie said...

Re Pfeiffer: If you actually listen to the clip, he was stumbling over his words at the time, and mis-spoke. He was implying that the IRS targeting was wrong; that it would be wrong even if there was not a law prohibiting it.

George W. Potts said...

Dan Pfeiffer is irrelevant. He was merely a lap dog who was asked by the big O to act ferocious. He was out of his element. Come back Rahm ... teach the administration how to take advantage of these crises. Perhaps another stimulus?