Friday, February 17, 2012

Political Digs


I have be criticized for the sliming of Obama on this blog (maybe justifiably so.)  However, Willie Geist took a silly hypercritical dig at Mitt  Romney this morning on Morning Joe when he asked the Governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder, how tall the trees were in his state?  This was because yesterday Romney was extolling the virtues of Michigan at a pre-primary rally.  He said, among many things, that in Michigan  "The trees are just the right height." Has Willie Geist never heard of hyperbole?  Shall we ask Garrison Keillor of A Prairie Home Companion if the children in Lake Wobegon are truly "all above average?"

Now, I have generally found Geist to be even-handed and unbiased.  However, being inculcated on MS/NBC (the cable channel that has just blacklisted Pat Buchanan... see: MS/NBC Blacklisting) for all these many moons, I guess such things are inevitable.  And I suppose that he has to read what is on the teleprompter.  It's too bad that these inane slights against both candidates will have to happen in the run-up to the Presidential election.  (I'll try to do my part here.)

No comments: