Monday, November 15, 2010

The Oracle of Natick


Every New Year's eve a group of our friends get together to dine and celebrate, including a number of traditional events ... one of which is that each of us forecasts what will occur in the following twelve months.   Then the next New Year's eve we re-read these predictions and award a prize to our best oracle.  This year, I think I have exhibited remarkable prescience (if I do say so myself.)  Here were my predictions last time (6.3 right out of 10 ... and there is still a month and a half to go) which, if I were alllowed to win, surely would take the  prize:

• Democrats will lose their majority in the House but not the Senate

• Chinese stock market will collapse (-20%+)

• Obama will have a nervous breakdown

• Russia will shut off natural gas to the EU

• Scott Brown is elected to the Senate

• Gitmo will not be closed down

• Two new Supreme Court justices will be appointed (after much ado)

• Iran’s nuclear facilities will be shut down (or destroyed)

• Terrorist attacks in NYC, Los Angeles and Dallas

• General Motors will go public

No comments: