Tuesday, December 05, 2023

An Ai Observation

 


A while ago I asked Google Bard to solve some simultaneous equations … see: AI Test … which it did correctly. I was impressed.


However, I find it difficult to believe that the Large Language Model could perform such a task unless one of the following occurred:

- it had an escape hatch into a human-programed algorithm designed for suck a query … or

- there was such a human-designed algorithm found in its textual search which it could then drop into ‘execute now’ mode.


Either way I think it disingenuous calling this artificial intelligence since, in either case, the intelligence would have been exogenous.


In other words, Google Bard didn’t design the algorithm itself …  I think there are three human-designed possibilities … it used one of these.


If Google Bard was really smart, it would design its own method of  solution.


STAND UP FOR INDOGENOUS SMARTS!


No comments: