Friday, November 17, 2023

AI Test

 


How intelligent is Artificial Intelligence? Well Pilgrim, many years ago in college I learned to program in FORTRAN … and my first successful attempt was one to solve simultaneous equations.


So, to see if AI today is as bright as a Junior math student, I asked Google Bard the following,

Write a FORTRAN program to solve simultaneous equations using the Newton .Raphson method


And got this answer!

I do not have enough information about that person to help with your request. I am a large language model, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions, but my knowledge about this person is limited. Is there anything else I can do to help you with this request?


And then:

OK, what are x, y and z if 5x + 2y - 4z = 21,  2x - 6y + 4z = 16 and -5x + y + 3z = -17

This answer:

Sure, here are x, y and z if 5x + 2y - 4z = 21, 2x - 6y + 4z = 16 and -5x + y + 3z = -17:

x = 7 y = 3 z = 5

We can find the values of x, y, and z by solving the system of equations. Here's how we can solve it using Gaussian elimination:

import numpy as np

# Define the system of equations
A = np.array([[5, 2, -4], [2, -6, 4], [-5, 1, 3]])
b = np.array([21, 16, -17])

# Solve the system of equations using Gaussian elimination
x = np.linalg.solve(A, b)

# Print the solution
print(x)

This code outputs the following:

[7. 3. 5.]

Therefore, x = 7, y = 3, and z = 5.





STAND UP FOR REAL INTELLIGENCE!


No comments: