Saturday, April 08, 2023

Miracles

 


                     David Copperfield’s miracle


Being Easter week, reminds me how meaningful miracles play in the validation of religion … the loaves and the fishes, walking on water, the blind man sees, the resurrection. Personally, I have not experienced any miracles in my lifetime, but the Catholic Church has numerous such occurrences … see: Top Ten … one reason to keep the faith.


And Christ’s deciples were so convinced by his miracles that they also endured horrendous punishment without folding their faith … the pillar upon which many support their faith today.


And, since I have had no such experience, perhaps this is why I am agnostic … even an atheist to be perfectly honest.


Once again … like in politics … this is a struggle between head and heart. In my case the head prevails. Perhaps why I’m not a Democrat?


And the irony of it all is that mostly head-directed Republicans tend to be more religious!


Bottom line: Either Jesus Christ was a superb magician or he was divine … you decide.



STAND UP FOR RATIONALITY!


No comments: