Sunday, February 19, 2023

Interesting Factoids

  


In a previous blog … Woodsterman Pic … I had said (from memory) that millions of tons of water comes in from outer space every day. A commenter questioned this number. Here was my eventual response:


12:46 PM

 Delete
Blogger George W. Potts said...


I finally gave up on Google and asked Alexa how much water comes into Earth from Outer space every cay. Her answer: as much as 400 billion gallons. Then I asked how much does 400 billion gallons of water weigh? Her answer 2.2 trillion tons. (I think she meant to say billion.)



STAND UP FOR BETTER A.I.!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billions… millions… I still would like more credible and credentialed source. That much water every day for, say, 100 years would seem to add to rising seas.

George W. Potts said...

I think that was my point. By the bye, there is nothing stopping you from doing your own research. I’ll even listen.

ChillFin said...

So what credentials does Alexa have to be your most credible source of information, especially with a whopping order of magnitude error?

George W. Potts said...

Alexa does an Internet search (Google?)to provide her results. So she is as biased as the internet is. And so will be these A.I. chatbots. Dangerous times!