Thursday, September 12, 2019

Gay Bank


Michigan has just approved the founding of a “gay bank” ... specifically for LGBT customers ... see: Yahoo Article. Very interesting invention  ... does this mean that only such people can have accounts at this credit union? If so, isn’t this called “discrimination?” Can we have banks now for straights only? I don’t think so.

And what can such a bank offer to this specific class of clients that other banks can’t? I really don’t believe that gays of any gender are discriminated against in other credit unions. There are laws against such silly stuff you know. And must all the employees and directors be homosexuals, bisexuals or transsexuals?

I strongly suspect that this meme is a social dead end. I hope so ...

3 comments:

ChillFin said...

I seeth whenever I see a USAA ad on TV. They promote discrimination blatantly. If you are or were in the military you can get their benefits. I was denied military service with a 4F status so never could become military. I am not sure I would feel better if they did what they do without the constant barrage of advertising.

George W. Potts said...

Also ... lower car prices to recent college graduates. I suspect, in both cases, one can get the discount by just claiming the status. If a man can claim he is a woman, why not this too?

DEN said...

ChillFin, maybe you should demand reparations!
I'm annoyed that companies like Land's End and LL Bean don't use full-figured men for models in their catalogs.