Friday, December 29, 2017

Line of Sight


"Does it matter losing your sight? Think of all the wonderful work done for the blind." -- Siegfried Sassoon

Your blogger has a confession to make -- I am losing my sight. I have macular degeneration and my vision is getting progressively worse. This probable genetic condition involves scarring of the macula, the center portion of the retina, which causes portions of what one sees to either  disappear or be distorted. Thus I must write these blogs on an IPad from which I can blow up this text to a readable size. Apparently there is no current cure for this malady and one can hopefully only slow its progress by taking certain vitamins. I have no idea how long I have ... nor do the doctors ... until I need to buy a white cane. So, if I suddenly stop producing this bloggish nonsense, you should surmise that this vision flaw has finally overwhelmed me.

Then I think that there might be a number of readers who say it serves me right for supporting The Donald ...

2 comments:

DEN said...

"Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

George W. Potts said...

Can I just be happy instead?