Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Russian Dressing


In his presser yesterday, Sean Spicer made a joke about the main-stream media getting upset even when Trump uses Russian depressing on his salad ... possibly derived from the made-up political jibe I reference here as few weeks ago (see above). Popular understanding has been that Russian dressing today is comprised of ketchup, mayonnaise and pickle relish (aka Thousand Island). However, CNN claims that Russian dressing is ketchup, mayo and horseradish and it's not put on salad ... nor is there any connection to Russia ... see: Breitbart Story.

Quick relevant story -- many years ago I was having lunch at the General Motors building in Detroit in their fancy dining room. One thing I had ordered was a hearts of lettuce salad with Russian dressing. Much to my surprise (and enjoyment) the Russian dressing I got was made with ketchup, mayonnaise and caviar!

This, I suspect, is the classic recipe and the connection to Russia! Eat your hearts of lettuce out CNN ...

Afterward: There is another possible Lefty antecedent here -- The Trump sandwich is baloney on white with Russian dressing with a small pickle ...

No comments: