Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crisis Fatigue Cure


I don’t know ‘bout you (I’m startin’ to elide words like our fearless leader in order to appear more folksy), but I am rapidly fallin’ into a fatigued funk about the United States’ inability to deal with even the tiniest of crises that are floodin’ our world. I don’t think I need list them as they would again sully this blog with more angst. So I’ve decided to put on a happy face to try to counter all the hatin’ and baitin’ goin’ on.

Let’s begin with puppy dogs … cute little puppies that wag their tails incessantly and lick you face with unbridled enthusiasm. Next, how ‘bout a cool rain shower that vanquishes the day’s heat and throws in a double rainbow to boot. Then I’ll go for a root-beer float … made with that old-fashioned root beer tastin’ of sassafras and sarsaparilla with lots a good vanilla ice cream wit’ those flecks of vanilla bean. Followin’, let’s have a bit of big band music … you pick the crooner … I’ll go for ol’ blue eyes. And we can end wit’ a soothin’ nap in a hammock under a wisteria bower.

Feelin’ better? OK, now remember … don’t turn on the TV or read a newspaper for 24 hours. Who’s our president again?

No comments: