Thursday, September 08, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet


Last night, while watching the Republican debate from the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California, I was impressed with this lineup of Presidential hopefuls. I also felt it was a shame that only one of them could take the fight to The Barry next fall. I realize that this idea cuts across the grain of the current media narrative -- that the Republicans offer a weak slate of candidate hopefuls. But, to me, each of these potentials is better than what we got now … and each has significant strengths that he/she could bring to the next administration. Since only one could be our next President, the next fanciful step then was to imagine how each of them would fit into a Republican administration. I do realize that this would never happen, but I did have this chimera and let me here share it with you:

Mitt Romney – President
Newt Gingrich – Vice President (if I can’t have Marco Rubio)
Jon Huntsman – Secretary of State
Ron Paul – Surgeon General
Rick Perry – Secretary of Defense
Michele Bachmann – Attorney General
Rick Santorum – Secretary of  Treasury (if I can’t have Paul Ryan)
Herman Cain – Secretary of Commerce

I can dream can't I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...to me, each of these potentials is better than what we got now"
Did they teach you this at Dartmouth?

Anonymous said...

Yes, just like how they taught The Barry how to pronounce "corps" at Harvard ...

D'60

Anonymous said...

Are any of you blowhards producing revenue? Or are you just venting about what actual taxpayers should care about?

Anonymous said...

???????