Monday, October 11, 2010

Phobia-phobic



Let me tiptoe into this subject. Carl Paladino, the GOP candidate for governor in New York State, recently said that parents should not expose their young children to Gay Pride parades. See this story. Now, I did a quick scan of the Internet via Google and came up with the following images taken at these parades … see above and below. And believe me; I have excluded a great many frontal-nude pictures that are even more egregious (showing what is said in “Monty Python” as the “naughty bits”). Yes, I go along with candidate Paladino in his assertion about such parades are damaging to young minds.  It just seems that a civilized society should have its limits … unfortunately, most of which have been trampled on decades ago.  Why, to show that I have no problem with gays, must I also have no problem with such out-of-bounds behavior?  And more to the disturbing point ... are all the homosexuals taking part in these festivities "proud" of these all-too-frequent images?

And on a similar theme … what’s with this term “homophobic?” I don’t think many in our modern culture are irrationally fearful of gays. Just as most labeled “racists” are not irrationally fearful of blacks. Yet, I am a little “islamophobic” in that I have seen what some people in this religion are capable of doing to apostates.

1 comment:

DEN said...

I always thought you were pro- naughty bits.