Pilgrim, I think I have finally figured out Barack Obama’s political appeal … it’s ambiguity:
- He identified as a Black, but spoke without the Black dialect … he told Harry Reid it was “his gift.”
- There was much confusion about where he was born … cloaked in rhetorical smoke
- He claimed he was good at basketball (he wasn’t) … but played golf like an English gentleman.
- His sexual preference was a constant controversy … he then carried the Chicago moniker “Bathhouse Barry” for obvious reasons.
- His religion was in question … particularly after stating on a TV interview that he was a Muslim and had to be corrected by the moderator … yet he long attended Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church.
- He supposedly had fathered two daughters by Michelle … who his half brother calls Michael … yet there are no photos of her pregnant.
-His country loyalty was constantly in question … remember his “apology tour” when he first entered office
Despite all this dissonance, many Americans … possibly out of a feeling of guilt … were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. … every last one. Not me. I believe almost all of the negatives.
STAND UP TO AMBIGUITY!