Monday, January 11, 2016

If I Won the Powerball


When  I was a youngster I dreamt of having a million dollars. Today this amount is but a piffle ... if you don't have at least a billion, you are a nobody. So this Wednesday's Powerball drawing has given me a chance to upgrade my dream ... and go for being a billionaire. If I'm so lucky on Wednesday, the issue then would become ... how to spend all this dough? Let me suggest some interesting ways:

- Set up the Potts Foundation to combat global warming ... fund it with 500 million dollars

- Get some new wheels ... perhaps a Rolls

- Like many of the Silicon-Valley billionaires, spend money to live forever

- Hire Jim Cramer to manage my money

- I might emulate Rupert Murdoch ... get divorced and marry a young chippie ... see: Daily Mail Article

- Buy a 200 foot yacht and park it off of St. Barts for the winter

- Buy a gun for every registered Republican voter who doesn't already own one

- Provide full-ride college funding for all my grandchildren

- I might even purchase a sports team


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how much Murdoch's wives received in alimony? You would be lucky to have a row boat.

ChillFin said...

Is that "Buy a gun for every registered Republican voter who doesn't own just one." or "Buy a gun for every registered Republican voter who doesn't already own any"?

ChillFin said...

OMG!! George have you revised your meds? Your last couple entries seem downright progressive. Or is your tongue stuck in your cheek?

George W. Potts said...

I think that the Potts Foundation is the most liberal of the lot ...