Monday, January 15, 2024

Silly Superstitions

 


I am currently having a ham sandwich, a dill pickle and a glass of milk. This brings back memories of my grandmother warning me not to drink milk and eat a pickle at the same time … a silly superstition of hers.


I think I have traced this superstition to when Zachery Taylor died in the second year of his presidency after eating pickles and milk at a July picnic … many claim it was cherries and milk! Nevertheless less a silly superstition was born.


My First wife’s mother could not listen to The Battle Hymn of the Republic without knowing that someone in the family was about to die. She would insist that it be turned off.


Turns out I have a parcel of silly superstitions of my own which I stupidly adhere to.



STAND UP TO SILLY SUPERSTITIONS!


No comments: