Sunday, January 28, 2024

Search Ergines



First, realize that Google has an effective monopoly on the internet search market … with over an 84% market share.


Pilgrim, are you as frustrated with Google’s search engine as I am? Almost every time I search for something I am frustrated. And I use DuckDuckGo which suffers the same biases as Google … in fact I suspect it is just a software film on top of Google that just eliminates search results tracking.


Why am I frustrated? Primarily because of lefty bias, lack of historic perspective, ponderous duplication of results and how movie and book titles crowd out other results.


So, anyone who wants a new business idea … build a search engine that eliminates these complaints. (Actually the Large Language Model chatbots have the potential to fulfill this need. But don’t hold your breath.)


STANND UP FOR GOOD SEARCHES!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

use Brave