Friday, August 21, 2020

Just My Opinion


I hear many say that the people of Iran are good. ... it is just their leaders who are evil. Well, as much as I would like to concur with that rationalization, I can’t. The people of Iran have by their once vote and by their continued complacency allowed their country to become what it is today ... the world’s chief sponsor of terrorism. This is just like the people of North Korea, Russia, Cuba, China, Venezuela, Chicago, New York, Portland and many others have made their corrupt beds and now unhappily are tucked into them.

If a citizenry allows idiot dictators to rule them, then they deserve being pariahs. And yes, dear reader ... anticipating some of your snarky comments ... if I sense that Donald Trump is taking America in an autocratic direction, I will not be an accomplice in such a degradation. And although Trump’s enemies ... including the pipsqueak press and some of you, kind readers, do so avow ... I have yet to sense such a turn.

If such a circumstance presents itself ... and I am sensitive to this possibility because of all the feral abuse that he has suffered, it could be a predictable reaction ... I still will raise my pen in protest.

STAND UP FOR AMERICA!

8 comments:

DEN said...

I am not waiting for you to "sense" the coffee. Your insensitivity to the plight of unfortunate people in the world who have been forced to capitulate under evil dictatorship is shockingly tone deaf. In case you haven't been listening to history, a small number of bad actors can terrorize masses. To say they "deserve" to suffer is both un-American and inhumane. You would urge others to take to the streets to fight for their freedom, except when they are protesting Trump's dismantling of our Democracy.
BTW, If Obama had fired every person in government who disagreed with him, denigrated any news that was not totally positive about him, threatened to stay in office if he sensed that there was election fraud, you would have been calling for his head on a pike.

George W. Potts said...

Please name me one dictator who was not first elected or inherited. Recapturing your freedom is possible ... remember our founding fathers and the risks they took when they signed the Declaration of (you know the thing)? And BTW, Obama had to fire no one ... 95% of DC is Democrat ... known affectionately as the Swamp.

DEN said...

Name me one dictatorship that was overthrown by citizens in modern times (since 1945). Guns and pitchforks are no match for bombs and tanks. It's a phony patriot who wants others' kids to fight for his freedom.

George W. Potts said...

Philippines? Perhaps the right to bear arms should include tanks?

George W. Potts said...

Myranmar(Burma)?, Columbia?, Peru?

Morons Live said...

Trump University

DEN said...

After being forced to actually do some research, I must admit that some dictators have been toppled by the citizenry, usually following bloody battles, often with outside support.
But the fact remains that many millions of people currently live under totalitarian rule, and are fearful of brutal retaliation if they protest. My point was that a decent person would feel empathy for them rather than laying scorn upon them for not rising up.

Trump lost several primaries, which he said were "rigged." He has suggested that any election he loses would be invalid. Whether you see it or not, he wants to become President for Life. We must nip such ambitions in the bud. With ballots not guns.

George W. Potts said...

Ii Trump becomes a tyrant, I have a spare torch and pitchfork in the closet. However, I don’t think I’ll relay on Mad Maddow to clue me in.