Sunday, July 26, 2020

Quotable Quote


My wife found the following on Facebook ... and it was so on the money, I had to share it. I hope its author, George R. Halsey, a friend of a friend, doesn’t mind. ...

I understand what it means but I wonder if racism really benefits the racists. It’s really a great burden. For 90% of the white people in the south who could not own slaves or large amounts of real estate, slavery meant poverty for white people. In the North it benefits no one I believe. There is a political group who stoke up racism among disadvantaged whites to make sure they look for solutions in the wrong direction and not where the power is.”

Interestingly, one of the reasons that Abraham Lincoln’s father was an abolitionist was that he could not find work in the slave-state Kentucky and had to move his family to Illinois.

STAND UP FOR AMERICA!

Afterward: There is an interesting parallel between the reaction to slavery ... and the push back against very cheap Chinese labor arising out of globalism. Me thinks things are not over yet.

No comments: