Saturday, January 16, 2016

Elevator Message


Back when I was seeking venture capital, I was told to condense my pitch into what could be sold in a short crowded elevator ride. Hillary Clinton was asked on "Morning Joe" yesterday by Mika Brzezinski to give the essence of what she would do if elected president. In an around-the-barn rambling she offered a disjointed series of platitudes that did not sell me ... or, I doubt, very many in her TV audience ... see if you can figure out what her core message is: Powerline Blog Entry. The elevator she would have to have been on would have been empty and in the Empire State Building.

As a contrast, Donald Trump obviously knows how to craft a terse message ..."Make America Great Again."

(Of course, if Hillary or Bernie Sanders were totally candid, they might just say, "Tax and spend.")

No comments: