Thursday, July 03, 2014

Silly Brits













The Monty Python British comedy team had a recurring snippet called “Silly Walks” … see: Youtube Video  Such inanity must run in the English gene pool for an artist there, Tracey Emin (see: Wikipedia Bio), has just sold her unkempt bed for 2.54 million pounds ($4.4 million) … see: Breitbart Story.

I truly believe that the Monty Python gang was on to something big. But unfortunately they were maybe just a little too early for today’s insipid society … or perhaps they didn’t quite know how to market themselves for the mega-quid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I quite like one of the comments from someone who saw the bed when on exhibition at the Tate Gallery. Enjoy your cornflakes ….. ;-)

"If only they had known. A few years ago I went to see this installation at the Tate. Feeling quite ill I inadvertently followed through. To save embarrassment I whipped my undies off quick like, gave a quick wipe-round and threw them under the duvet. Nobody ever noticed, so I assume that they were not the only ones in there.

That must be worth at least $1m more than they paid?"